NUTRIENTS OF NEW ZEALAND BLACKCURRANT
VITAMINS, ANTIOXIDANTS AND
ANTHOCYANINS PROMOTE HEALTH
New Zealand Blackcurrants have a most remarkable chemical composition from the aspects of quantity of beneficial nutrient components, uniqueness in the plant kingdom, and a variety of health benefits for humans.
Blackcurrants from New Zealand have an extremely high vitamin, antioxidant, anthocyanin and polyphenol content when compared to other fruits, berries, and even blackcurrants grown elsewhere.
New Zealand Blackcurrant berries contain extraordinarily high amounts of:
- Vitamin C and other vitamins and minerals
- Anthocyanins of New Zealand Blackcurrants (1200mg) in comparison to blackcurrants grown in other countries.
- Polyphenols and Flavonoids
- 7 Neutral Sugars [Polysaccharides]
- Blackcurrant seed oil : Gamma-Linolenic Acid (GLA) + Alpha-Linoienic Acid (ALA) Omega-3 + Stearidonic Acid.
The high levels of antioxidants shown in the ORAC value help fight free radicals excessively formed in human body. When free radicals damage cells in the body they have the potential to become cancer cells. Antioxidants have a really unique role in eliminating the molecules that can cause cancer.